If you are paying cash, or you are financing and want your offer to be accepted before you have your pre-approval in hand...then we will work with you to obtain a letter
on letterhead from a recognized representative that affirms sufficient cash available for this purchase.
This works because a licensed professional can be prosecuted for communicating false or misleading statements, so anything they write or say is them vouching for you wholeheartedly.
Such a letter must be from either:
The letter must:
- A licensed professional (your CPA, bank representative or financial adviser)
- The HR personnel or higher level manager in your company
- A manager or director at your bank
The letter must detail:
- Be written on letterhead
- Be signed and dated
- Include the representative’s license number, position, contact information
- Be verifiable with a call
Have a copy of the letter sent to us
- How many years you have been a client (or employee)
- That you are in good standing
- That you have the legal, liquid finances available to make a purchase of up to $X or in excess of $X
Make a PDF, scan, or take a photo of it then email it to anyone here in our office
Regardless of how you are financing, have your letter indicate the MAXIMUM you are approved for. The amount written has no bearing on negotiations, it's merely a checkmark for the seller.
For those of you outside of the US the letter does not have to be written in English, but if translated should be notarized. Of course alternatively, you can always send us a snapshot of your account information with account numbers crossed out. We just prefer that you keep that information private if possible.